Where to find help if you have vehicle problems:
Information on the California Lemon Law and Arbitration
- Department of Consumer Affairs, Arbitration Certification Program, 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834; (916) 574-7350 or (800) 952-5210.
Manufacturer's or Dealer's failure to honor the warranty, extended warranty, or service contract
- Manufacturer or dealer, by certified mail (check the owner's manual for manufacturer's address)
- Local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Bureau of Investigations - check the white pages of your local phone book.
- New Motor Vehicle Board, 1507 21st Street, Suite 330 Sacramento, 95811 (916) 445-1888
- Local county consumer affairs office (check the white pages of your telephone book)
- Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs, 500 W. Temple Street, Rm. B-96, Los Angeles, CA 90012, (213) 974-1452
Dissatisfaction with repairs or dispute over repair invoice
Fraud or other questionable conduct on motorcycles, new motor homes, and sales disputes
Register a safety complaint or obtain recall information
California lawyer who specializes in Lemon Law and warranty disputes
- Check your local yellow pages at the beginning of the "attorneys" listing for lawyer referral services or call the State BAR Association at (415) 538-2000 to obtain the certified lawyer referral service nearest you.
Other Lemon Law information