Where to find help if you have vehicle problems:
Information on the California Lemon Law and Arbitration
- Department of Consumer Affairs, Arbitration Certification Program, 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834; (916) 574-7350 or (800) 952-5210.
Manufacturer's or Dealer's failure to honor the warranty, extended warranty, or service contract
- Manufacturer or dealer, by certified mail (check the owner's manual for manufacturer's address)
- Local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Bureau of Investigations - check the white pages of your local phone book.
- New Motor Vehicle Board, 1507 21st Street, Suite 330 Sacramento, 95811 (916) 445-1888
- Local county consumer affairs office (check the white pages of your telephone book)
- Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs, 500 W. Temple Street, Rm. B-96, Los Angeles, CA 90012, (213) 974-1452
Dissatisfaction with repairs or dispute over repair invoice
Fraud or other questionable conduct on motorcycles, new motor homes, and sales disputes
Register a safety complaint or obtain recall information
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 400 Seventh Street, SW, Washington, DC 20590 - Auto Safety Hotline (800) 424-9393
- Center for Auto Safety, 2001 S Street, NW, Suite 410, Washington, DC 20009 (202) 328-7700 www.autosafety.org
- SaferCar.gov, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, West Building Washington DC 20590 USA 1.888.327.4236 TTY 1.800.424.9153 www.safercar.gov
California lawyer who specializes in Lemon Law and warranty disputes
- Check your local yellow pages at the beginning of the "attorneys" listing for lawyer referral services or call the State BAR Association at (415) 538-2000 to obtain the certified lawyer referral service nearest you.
Other Lemon Law information