Consumer Help After a Disaster
The last thing a disaster victim needs is to be caught up in a consumer scam. But scam artists often move in after disasters, when victims are most vulnerable. Even people outside the disaster area can be victimized by charity scams.
The California Department of Consumer Affairs offers this Web page to help victims of earthquakes, floods, fires and other disasters.
A wide variety of services are available through State of California agencies, the Federal Government and other organizations, to assist with avoiding scams and with the rebuilding process.
EMERGENCY SERVICES AND LINKS TO DISASTER RESOURCES
FILING AN INSURANCE CLAIM
- Don't Get Burned After a Disaster - California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Insurance Web Site
REBUILDING AFTER A DISASTER
- Contractor's Board Warns Victims About Hiring Unlicensed Contractors
- Tip Sheet - After
- California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A Guide for Consumers - What You Should Know Before You Hire A Professional Engineer or Professional Land Surveyor