e-file Information from the IRS and California Franchise Tax Board
Both consumers and businesses can take advantage of e-file services offered by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board for electronic filing of personal and business tax returns.
- e-file - Details on e-file options for individual taxpayers and businesses, as well as information for tax-preparation professionals.
- EFTPS - The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, which enables taxpayers to pay their federal taxes electronically, via the Internet, using personal computer software, or by phone. Payments can be made by the taxpayer directly to EFTPS, or by the taxpayer's financial institution.
- Industries and Professions - Specific information for various industries, including professions such as construction, cosmetology and tax preparation.
California Franchise Tax Board
- e-file General Information for individual taxpayers.
- 1099 Internet Filing - The electronic filing option available for filing Forms 1098, 1099, 5498 and W-2G with FTB.
- Information for tax preparers on how to participate in the FTB's e-file program, including details on the new law requiring certain tax preparers to e-file.
- e-Services for individuals, businesses, and tax professionals -- pay your personal income taxes online; get answers to frequently asked tax questions; take advantage of free e-file; check on payments, balances due, or refunds; and use many other e-services.