License Renewal and Continuing Education
The California Board of Accountancy (CBA) mails a license renewal application to each licensee's address of record approximately 90 days prior to the license expiration date. The license renewal fee may be made payable by money order, cashier's check, or personal check drawn on a U.S. bank. The CBA does not accept credit card payments at this time.
The CBA does not pre-approve or register providers of continuing education (CE) courses other than the Regulatory Review course. For questions regarding license renewal or CE requirements, please refer to the information below or contact the CBA's Renewal and Continuing Competency Unit by e-mail or by telephone at (916) 561-1702.
- New License Renewal Requirements
- Inactive License Disclosure
- CE Quick Reference Guide
- Accounting and Auditing, Government Auditing, plus Fraud CE
- Selecting a CE Course
- CE Extension/Exemption Request
- Continuing Education Verification
- CE Reporting Worksheet Example
- Renewal Instructions
- Board-Approved Regulatory Review Courses List