License Renewal and Continuing Education
The California Board of Accountancy (CBA) mails a license renewal application to each licensee's address of record approximately 90 days prior to the license expiration date. The license renewal fee can be paid online with a credit card. Please see the Payment Options and Fees page for additional information on accepted forms of payment.
The CBA does not pre-approve or register providers of continuing education (CE) courses other than the Regulatory Review course. For questions regarding license renewal or CE requirements, please refer to the information below or contact the CBA's Renewal and Continuing Competency Unit by e-mail or by telephone at (916) 561-1702.
- License Renewal Handbook
- An Overview of the Renewal Process
- New Fingerprint Requirement Information
- New License Renewal Requirements
- CE Quick Reference Guide
- Accounting and Auditing, Government Auditing, plus Fraud CE
- Selecting a CE Course
- CE Extension/Exemption Request
- Continuing Education Verification
- CE Reporting Worksheet Example
- Renewal Instructions (PDF)
- Board-Approved Regulatory Review Courses List