Pre-Paid Phone Cards

DCA does not regulate or have jurisdiction over prepaid telephone cards.

We recommend you contact the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) for assistance with this matter. The CPUC regulates the telecommunications industry in California. The CPUC has the authority to carry out investigations and to conduct hearings on requests for rate changes, specific complaints, or broad policy matters. If a phone card does not work and resolution cannot be reached with the seller, a consumer may complain to the CPUC. For your convenience, we have provided the contact information below:

California Public Utilities Commission
Consumer Affairs Office

505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 5218
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 703-2782
(800) 649-7570

Also, the International Prepaid Communications Association operates a toll-free ombudsman hotline for people who have problems with or questions about prepaid phone cards. You may contact this association directly at the following:

International Prepaid Communications Association
Toll Free: (800) 333-3513