The Department of Consumer Affairs media office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are a member of the media, please email email@example.com or call (916) 574-8170 for assistance. Email is recommended for the fastest response and for after-hours inquiries.
For consumer questions or concerns, contact DCA’s Consumer Information Center; for licensee or applicant questions, contact your board or bureau directly.
Direct Media Contacts
Monica Vargas, Deputy Director, Communications Division
Matt Woodcheke, Manager, Office of Public Affairs
Peter Fournier, Public Information Officer
Renee Santos, Public Information Officer
Licensing, Data, and COVID-19 Resources
- DCA License Search - DCA administers more than 3.4 million licenses in more than 280 license types including certificates, registrations, and permits for a wide range of professions: from architects to accountants, dentists to veterinarians. Check the status of a professional’s license anytime with DCA’s online License Search tool.
- DCA’s Open Data Portal - The portal contains nonconfidential aggregate statistical data in a user-friendly format covering many of DCA’s core activities including licensing, renewals, applications, and enforcement for all of DCA’s boards and bureaus.
- The DCA Page - DCA’s blog is your one-stop shop for the latest Department of Consumer Affairs news, stories, photos, videos, and more. You can also subscribe to get the latest DCA news sent right to your inbox.
- Consumer Connection magazine - DCA’s award-winning flagship publication features need-to-know news for California consumers. Sign up for a free subscription.
- COVID-19 waivers - Pursuant to the governor’s Executive Order N-39-20, during the state of emergency, the director of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may waive any statutory or regulatory requirements with respect to a professional license issued pursuant to Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code.
- DCA news releases
- Department of Cannabis Control (DCC) news releases
- Contractors State License Board (CSLB) news releases
- Medical Board of California (MBC) news releases