Contact Us

Media Inquiries

Who We Are and What We Do:
DCA protects and serves California consumers through oversight, enforcement, and licensure of professionals. Through the licensing and regulatory entities under its jurisdiction, DCA administers more than 3.9 million licenses and 280 license types including licenses, permits, certificates, and registrations. DCA licensing entities set and enforce minimum qualifications for the professionals, establishments, and businesses they regulate.

To reach a specific board or bureau, please contact them directly at:

DCA does NOT have jurisdiction to resolve concerns or questions related to the following:
Issue Contact
Landlord/tenant issues
California Tenants – A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities Guidebook
Debt collection issues
Dating apps/websites Please contact the company directly, or visit
Gift cards
Warranties (excluding appliances and vehicles)
Telephone/cell phone provider complaints & prepaid telephone cards
Insurance companies
App-based money transmitters
Online merchants
Internet service providers
Auto purchases and driver's license laws and issues

Consumer Assistance:
Consumer service representatives can answer consumer, licensee, and applicant questions in over 200 different languages. They can also assist in the filing of complaints, and mail helpful publications. Automated services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Our toll-free telephone line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except on the first and third Wednesday of each month, when we open at 8:30 a.m. We are closed on state-observed holidays.

To submit a public comment, complaint, or suggestion via email, please click here.

Or mail a complaint form to:
Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Information Center
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112
Sacramento, CA 95834
Map and Driving Directions to 1625 North Market Blvd.

To submit a Public Records Act (PRA) request, please email

For additional assistance, call the Consumer Information Center at:
Main: (800) 952-5210
Hearing-impaired persons: 711, or 1-800-735-2929 (TTY)
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2922 (Voice)

If you are interested in doing business with us, please contact the Small Business/DVBE Advocate.