Health Services Provided by Pharmacists
Under requirements specified in the California Business and Professions Code and the California Code of Regulations, qualified pharmacists are authorized to initiate and furnish the health services listed below to patients without a prescription.
- Self-administered hormonal contraception
- Emergency contraception
- Vaccinations – NOTE: COVID-19 vaccine supplies are limited and may not be available.
- Travel medications
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- HIV preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- HIV postexposure prophylaxis (PEP)
To find a pharmacist near you providing any of these services, enter a pharmacy or pharmacist name or your city or ZIP code in the search box below.