Applicants must provide evidence of a baccalaureate or higher degree, or foreign equivalency, in any subject, a total of 150 semester units, including a minimum of 24 semester units of accounting subjects, a minimum of 24 semester units of business related subjects, a minimum of 20 semester units of accounting study, and 10 semester units of ethics study, pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 5093 and CBA Regulations section 11.
- Tip Sheet - CPA Licensure Educational Requirements
- Self-Assessment Worksheet for the CPA Licensure Educational Requirements
- Accounting Study Guidelines
- Ethics Study Guidelines
- Tip Sheet - CPA Licensure Educational Requirements Beginning January 1, 2017
- Planning for the Future...Educational Requirements for CPA Licensure - PowerPoint (pdf)
- Educational Requirements FAQs