Consumer Information Center

Printer Friendly Version

Need help with a consumer problem?
Call us!
800.735.2929 TTY

We're your statewide Consumer
Information Center, part of the California
Department of Consumer Affairs

Our phone agents speak English and Spanish and can connect you to help in more than 200 other languages.

Phone agents can:

  • Verify licenses of DCA-regulated professionals.
  • Provide forms for filing a complaint.
  • Refer you to other governmental agencies.
  • Mail you copies of consumer publications.
  • Answer questions about consumer topics.

You can get the same valuable services three ways:

  • E-mail
  • Mail: Department of Consumer Affairs
    Consumer Information Center
    1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112
    Sacramento, CA 95834

Useful Referrals

Office of the Attorney General
To report fraudulent, unfair, and illegal business practices.

Department of Motor Vehicles
For vehicle registration, driver's licenses, etc.

Department of Business Oversight
For questions about banks, credit unions and other financial institutions.

California Public Utilities Commission
For questions and complaints about home gas and electric utility companies, and home phone services.

Department of Real Estate
For matters related to real estate and rental housing
View the Landlord/Tenant Guidebook here