Cannabis Industry Information
The CBA realizes that many licensees have been approached about providing accounting services to cannabis-related industries. Many licensees have reached out to the CBA to determine if the CBA has issued a position statement on providing accounting services to the cannabis industry. Position statements are legal opinions. Because the CBA cannot issue legal opinions, no position statement will be issued on this topic.
Below are links to various state and federal regulatory agencies and professional societies that provide information regarding the cannabis industry.
- California Cannabis Portal
- Bureau of Cannabis Control
- Department of Food and Agriculture-CalCannabis
- Department of Public Health-Let's Talk Cannabis
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration-Tax Guide for Businesses
- Franchise Tax Board-Cannabis Tax Law and Regulation
- Employment Development Department-Cannabis Industry Payroll Tax Reporting
- State Treasurer
- Internal Revenue Service
- United States Department of Justice
- AICPA Whitepaper-Providing Services to Businesses in the Marijuana Industry