- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Approved Ticket Printers
- All Forms
- Commission Meetings
- Event Schedules
- Press Releases
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Federal Identification Card Information
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities
- Past Box Offices
- Prohibited Substances
- Report Illegal Events "Smokers"
- Ringside Physicians
- All Events Officials' Pay Scale
- Join the CSAC Subscriber List
Commission to Train and Recruit Inspectors
March 20, 2006
CONTACT: Armando Garcia, Executive Officer (916) 263-2195
SACRAMENTO – The Commission will hold the 2006 Inspector Training Course on Monday June 5, 2006 at the Junipera Serra State Office Building located at 320 West Fourth Street, Conference Room, 1st Floor in downtown Los Angeles. An agenda and training packet will be sent out to all attendees before the training.
This training is mandatory for all present Inspectors and is open to a limited number of business professionals who meet the Inspector qualifications set by the Commission.
Inspectors are the core of enforcement for the Commission. Developing a top notch professional Inspector team is a priority for the Commission.
Inspectors work at the pleasure of the Executive Officer. They will perform their duties under his direction and or that of the Chief Athletic Inspector and or the Assistant Chief Athletic Inspector. They perform work involved in enforcing State law and rules of the Commission regulating boxing, kickboxing, and martial arts.
Typical tasks for the Inspector are:
- Attend and perform various functions at boxing, kickboxing, and full-contact martial arts events
- Enforce State law and rules of the Commission
- Make recommendations regarding the issuance of licenses
- Investigate applications for licenses and write reports on the findings
- Evaluate officials' and other licensees' performance
- Collect fines and purses withheld from contestants as penalties or forfeitures
- Instruct individuals regarding the requirements of the law and the rules of the Commission
- Calculate attendance, and submit reports of gross receipts and State taxes at events
- Submit Incident Reports that result from investigations
- Appear and testify at Commission and judicial hearings
Current or former law enforcement personnel who are or were in good standing with their agencies are strongly encouraged to apply.
Outside interested parties are to submit their professional resume and three (3) verifiable professional references via e-mail or fax to:
Fax to 916-263-2197, attention Armando Garcia, Executive Officer
Please include your name, mailing address and other contact information.
Please note that submitting a resume does not guarantee that you will be selected to attend the training course.
Individuals who are selected to attend the training course and pass a certification examination will be placed on an eligibility list that will be valid for two (2) years from the date of the examination.
There is no cost for the training.
The salary range for this position is between $19.30 to $38.37 per hour.
If you have any questions please contact the Commission office at 916-263-2195.