Public Comments, Complaints, and Suggestions

The California Department of Consumer Affairs welcomes your feedback.

The Citizen Complaint Act of 1997 requires that we provide a method for use by California citizens to comment and/or file complaints about the Boards, Bureaus, Programs, or Divisions within the Department of Consumer Affairs.

Please read the Information Collection, Use and Access notice below.


Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Yes No
If you wish to remain anonymous, you need not complete the following information requested about you. However, if you remain anonymous, we may not be able to address your specific issue.
() -

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Comment Complaint Suggestion

Caution: Is Your Computer Secure?

Information Collection, Use and Access

Collection and Use of Personal Information. The Department of Consumer Affairs collects the information requested on this form as authorized by Business and Professions Code Sections 325 and 326. The Department uses this information to follow up on your complaint.

Providing Personal Information Is Voluntary. You do not have to provide the personal information requested. If you do not wish to provide personal information, such as your name, home address, or home telephone number, you may remain anonymous. In that case, however, we may not be able to contact you or help you resolve your complaint.

Access to Your Information. You may review the records maintained by the Department that contain your personal information, as permitted by the Information Practices Act. See below for contact information.

Possible Disclosure of Personal Information. In order to follow up on your complaint, we may need to share the information you give us with the business you complained about or with other government agencies. This may include sharing any personal information you gave us.

The information you provide may also be disclosed in the following circumstances:

  • In response to a Public Records Act request, as allowed by the Information Practices Act;
  • To another government agency as required by state or federal law;
  • In response to a court or administrative order, a subpoena, or a search warrant.

Contact Information. For questions about this notice, the Department's Privacy Policy or access to your records, you may contact the Information Security Office in the Department of Consumer Affairs, 1625 North Market, Suite S202, Sacramento, CA 95834, or email