New look coming to the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) in 2023
On January 3, 2023, the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) will transition to a new logo.
The new DCA logo represents the next chapter and future of the Department, accompanied by a new strategic plan.
Consumer protection continues to guide the Department’s mission and priorities. DCA holds itself to a high standard as a licensing entity, regulator, educator, and service provider.
The transition to the new logo will take place in various stages throughout 2023. During the transition, existing items that have the previous DCA logo are still valid and do not require replacement or updating. The full transition process is anticipated to take a year for implementation.
Some licensees will begin to see the new logo on licensing documents sooner than others over the course of the transition throughout 2023. Should individuals have questions about communications containing the new logo in the future or need to verify official communications, please reach out.
- To contact a specific board or bureau, visit: https://www.dca.ca.gov/about_us/entities.shtml
- To call the DCA Consumer Information Center, call: 800-952-5210 or email email@example.com.
About the New Logo
Displaying the official colors of our state, the new logo visually encompasses the Department’s vision—together, protecting California consumers:
- Shield—The shield represents the Department’s strong and longstanding consumer protection mandate.
- State—The state represents all 40 million Californians the Department has pledged and is honored to serve.
- Star—The star represents consumer protection as the Department's true guiding principle: its own North Star.